If you’ve searched the internet for encephalitis, you’ve no doubt come across a significant number of sites, and are uncertain which ones offer reliable information. The International Encephalitis Consortium (The IEC) is the only entity of its kind; its membership includes infectious disease professionals, neurologists, rehabilitation specialists, researchers and survivors from around the world. The information found on this, the IEC site, is reliable. Additionally,the Encephalitis Society, a well-established, globally recognized, non-profit organization based in the United Kingdom, offers trustworthy, up-to-date information which has been accredited by the British Department of Health. Finally, our IEC team of professionals have vetted a number of other sites whose content we consider to be factual, especially those addressing some of the more rare types of encephalitis, including Auto-Immune, Rasmussen’s and Hashimoto’s.
- Autoimmune Encephalitis Alliance;
- RE Children’s Project focused on Rasmussen’s Encephalitis;
- Kids Health on Herpes Encephalitis (which can affect someone at any age);
- MedicineNet on West Nile Virus Encephalitis; and
- National Childhood Encephalitis Parent's Help Group (a support group for
parents or caregivers of children touched by encephalitis).